Sunday, January 03, 2010

Chewing a lot of cud these days...

...makes some rotten butter. Now there's a mixed metaphor.

These Distracted Prayers

Oh, my eyes
are on the carpet today. It's dirty,
full of worn threads and speckles of
spilled things and flattened by
my ragged feet, my ragged feet. Oh,

Oh, my feet
I'm ripping up today. They're filthy, worn
tough from walking over this floor and
walking over this floor and walking,
walking over this floor. Oh,

out you go, feet. Enough of you, little
ugly things, misshapen toes and dirt
in the nail-corners. Oh,

babies with hands like caterpillars curling up
when you touch them. Cats
curling up when you don't touch them, sleeping
for hours alone. Hands
in their listless mooning, searching
for lost keys.

I don't want tomorrow, I don't want tomorrow
to come now. I'm tired,

I'm tired. I don't want
tomorrow to come.

My nose slopes down from my eyes, always
in the way of anything, its tip. My mouth
I only see when I stick out my lip.

4 comments:

Carolina Lady said...

I like this blog!! Let's see some new content!! ; )

SC said...

Hy! Your text touched me someway.
You really don´t want to be here? I wish i were on egipt and you know why to (just like in your text) to search the lost keys.
Im in portugal, so what i write is in my language, but you can see m blog, i wanted to talk with you, to help you, cause i tink you realy dont want to be here. ( you can also see my blogue and translate the texts that i wrote, arent many, but im that kind of preson that likes to write on paper!) I dont know you but i like you

Kisses

Lara

Sh2nn0n, your friendly neighborhood girltank said...

wonderful.
thanks for sharing yourself.

A Joyful Noise said...

Some days are like this, but this too shall pass! LOL
Hazel at http://www.hazel-moon-blog.blogspot.com/