Thursday, August 11, 2005

Time-counting

For some odd reason, I am in eager anticipation of my return to school this fall quarter. I found a website that indulges the spirit of anticipation...counting down the time to the last second, if you wish it. Its obliging calculations are as follows:


"From and including: Thursday, August 11, 2005
To, but not including : Monday, September 19, 2005

It is 39 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 1 month, 8 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units
39 days can be converted to one of these units:
3,369,600 seconds
56,160 minutes
936 hours
5 weeks (rounded down)"


Only 5 weeks? "I feel a scream coming on right now--starting right down in my toes, sort of like a tingling sensation. Now it's creeping up around my knees, up my legs, traveling faster and faster and faster--it's in my stomach right now. I'm afraid it's got me...it's going up and up and up and up--here, it's right in my throat...it's fighting to get out; I don't--I can't hold it any longer--here it goes--" (Tony Kirby (Jimmy Stewart), You Can't Take it With You)

AAAAAAAAHHH!!!

It's near--I'm glad of that; but I don't feel prepared...

1 comment:

antigraviton said...

Yuck. I don't want school to start, b/c I'll have to leave town again, and then do the weekend commute. I hate that drive. I don't even want to think about it.

G-